2 result(s) for the key topic Nutrition were found:
- What should GPNs be doing to tackle obesity?
- October 2018 : Volume 4, Number 3
- How diet can help women to survive the menopause
- omanís average age for her periods to end, marking the menopause, is 51. Roughly, 80% of women suffer from some menopausal symptoms which last for two years on average. Lowered oestrogen levels are responsible for most menopausal symptoms; the most common in western culture being hot flushes, night sweats, vaginal dryness and sleep disturbance. Weight gain that is often associated with the menopause can further add to the development of health conditions, such as heart disease, and make certain symptoms, such as hot flushes, worse. The combination of a healthy diet, in particular with a low glycaemic load, keeping active, and avoiding weight gain can help alleviate or reduce severity of menopause symptoms. Some foods such as soya products, oily fish, oats, possibly probiotics, and milk products or their alternatives, can help with a number of symptoms. More evidence is gathering for how a Mediterranean diet can help with sympto
- August 2018 : Volume 4, Number 2