Florence Nightingale Foundation 2017-2018 scholarships now open
The Florence Nightingale Foundation raises funds to provide scholarships for nurses, midwives and health visitors, to enable them to extend knowledge and skills, and to promote innovation in practice.
The Florence Nightingale Foundation scholarships are a chance for nurses, midwives and other health professionals to enhance and develop their career, contribute to their wider professions and ultimately help improve the care of patients and users in the UK. There are three different categories of scholarship available:
- Research scholarships of up to £5,000 allow scholars to undertake a course in research methods, research modules or a dissertation/thesis as part of an academic course of study.† These must be able to demonstrate impact on patient care and be academically supervised or supported. They are available to nurses and midwives currently residing in the UK and registered with the NMC. Closing 18 May, 2017
- Travel scholarships of up to £5,000 are an opportunity to study best practice elsewhere in the UK and/or overseas in order to enhance patient/user care in the UK.† These are awarded for projects connected with the applicantís field of work, which will benefit their patients/users and the professions more widely. They are available to nurses and midwives currently residing in the UK and registered with the NMC. Closing 21 July, 2017
- Leadership scholarships are bespoke programmes available for those who want to become leaders with the skills and self-confidence to contribute positively and with some significance to the rapidly changing world of healthcare. Closing 11 September, 2017.
There are four different types of leadership scholarship:
- General leadership scholarships of up to £15,000 are available to senior nurses, midwives and other health professionals, as well as to deans and deputy deans of schools of nursing/faculties of health in universities
- Aspiring deans leadership scholarships of up to £15,000 are available to senior educators, researchers and practitioners looking to take on a role as a dean of a university faculty with nursing, midwifery or AHP programmes
- Aspiring nurse directors leadership scholarships of up to £14,000 are available to experienced nurses and midwives with potential to secure a board level position in the next 2-3 years
- Emerging leaders scholarships of up to £10,000 are available to band 7 and 8 nurses, midwives and other health professionals. Applicants must have already completed a front line leadership development programme before the start of the scholarship.
For further details on the Foundationís work, the criteria for application and how to apply please visit our website www.florence-nightingale-foundation.org.uk or contact us at:
The Florence Nightingale Foundation††††††††††† †††††††††††
34 Grosvenor Gardens, London SW1W 0DH
Tel: 020 7730 3030
Back to the news page