2 result(s) for the key topic Lymphoedema were found:
- Lipoedema — a fat disorder: considerations for GPNs
- October 2018 : Volume 4, Number 3
- Assessment and nursing management of lymphoedema
- Lymphoedema is a debilitating condition that results in significant discomfort for patients and has no cure. However, with careful assessment and accurate diagnosis, appropriate treatment can relieve symptoms such as swelling and pain and improve patients’ quality of life. This article outlines the physiology of lymphoedema, before exploring the assessment and treatment measures, which include compression therapy to reduce oedema, skin care, manual manipulation of lymph fluid and exercise.
- August 2018 : Volume 4, Number 2